2.09.2013

transitions

So I am absolutely guilty of some blog neglect over here!

I promise I have good reasons. Mostly - I got that job I was worried about!

It's hard - I'm working in a plant, moving things and sorting things and such, with all standing some days and all sitting some days (I found out that only sounds good until you try it...), so I get really sore/stiff/exhausted, and it's 9 hours. Swing shift, 3:30 - midnight. Also, my body isn't used to the set sleep schedule I'm trying to implement for it, which means I can't get to sleep at night and I can't get up in the morning.

Even though it's not glamorous or terribly enjoyable or whatever, and the side effects are less than desirable, I am so grateful to have gotten a job where a) I can work for only 6 weeks (4 left now) and b) earn some extra money ($11.50ish an hour, folks!) for my mission, and hopefully some for when I get back! 

It is such a blessing, and the people there are super neat - they're actually all members of my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which has been different, and kind of neat! We say a prayer before we begin working every day, talk about church things sometimes in casual conversation, etc. It's certainly a change from what I'm used to from previous jobs!

Well, there's an update for ya. I have a post coming about Death Cab for Cutie... I might be in love with Ben Gibbard, folks.


2 comments:

  1. YAY! That for sure doesn't sound like the most glamorous job ever, but it sounds just perfect for what you need right now. I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either! 30 days! :) Yeah, it's definitely perfect - just what I needed :)

      Delete

Blogging tips