9.11.2011

Bittersweet...


Well, I ended my last shift at Convergys a couple of hours ago.

Before I expand on that, let me just explain a few things:
  1. I hate taking customer service calls. People are jerks and they whine and cry and scream and yell and swear. They make me really mad. Also, I hate it when I can't fix their problem. It just sucks. Plus Comcast is a corporation and they're ripping people off and being all about the money, and... It's hard to work for something you don't believe in/like. I don't even watch TV....
  2. I love the people at Convergys. My team lead and my trainer and all the friends I made through training and sitting by people on the call floor.... They're so amazing!
  3. I am taking 15 credits at school. I have to take 15 credits because of this scholarship. It's annoying. I also have to do 5-10 hours of research weekly for said scholarship. Which is cool, but time consuming!
  4. I have fallen asleep in approximately half of the classes that I have had in the past 2 week period since school started, due to less sleep than necessary (caused by a 30 hour work week added to everything else).


Needless to say... I was pretty justified in quitting, but there were a few weird things about it - 
  • I am super excited to not take calls any longer.
  • I am incredibly sad that I may not see my work friends ever again.
  • Saying goodbye to my trainer was really hard. Likewise, it was hard to say goodbye to my team lead. I felt like I was letting them down, even though it was a necessary/justified decision. I really will miss all of the friends and awesome people I met at Convergys. :(
  • I will probably never walk into that building again. So weird...
  • My mouth will probably never again taste the words "Thank you for choosing Comcast where we know that our customers are awesome! I'm Kira and I'll be helping you out tonight. May I get the primary phone number on your account, area code first please?" and "I do apologize," and "I can definitely see how that's frustrating for ya," and "I'm gonna go ahead and send a signal to that box."
  • I'm going to have all this free time... I don't know what that feels like!
Anyway, I'll be all right, but for now my brain is trying to adjust... I still feel like I'm scheduled for tomorrow!

Have you ever quit a job? How did you feel?


2 comments:

  1. I had a customer service job at BYU where I took phone calls basically the entire time. It totally wears you down! I remember being totally shocked that adults could act so incredibly immature. Sometimes I wanted to say "grow up and get some manners!" haha.
    When I finally quit, I was sad to leave my work friends, but it was so much better in the end to get a job that I enjoyed a lot more.

    I'm glad you have some free time to enjoy! good luck with all your classes this semester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!

    I just stumbled across your blog today...and I have to tell you what a cute, sweet girl I think you are! You radiate with the light of Christ and you obviously have such a bright future ahead of you. 

    :)

    Oh, and I can definitely relate to this blog post. This is just the beginning of many bittersweet changes you will experience throughout your life. I have loved every job I have ever had. Ending and beginning new chapters in my life has always been bittersweet for me. It's just that I put my whole heart, my whole self into everything I do...so it's always hard when something ends, you know? With that being said, though, it's so exciting to do new, bigger, and better things. You can read about how I felt when I "retired" from teaching to become a stay-at-home-mom here: http://kariandnathan.blogspot.com/2011/06/goodbye-mrs-otto.html

    Always, always, always appreciate the season of life you are in right now. Shine bright and stay gold! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips